The cemetery of Fallo was built in 1917.
In 1920 the telephone reached the town, but it was only in 1958 that a public phone booth was set up.
Water was brought to the town in 1936.
The kindergarten building and the school were built respectively in 1960 and 1964.
At the town exit, towards Civitaluparella, there is a war memorial, erected in 1929, in memory of the soldiers of Fallo who fell in the 1st World War of 1915-18.
In about 1947 other names were added, in memory of soldiers slain in the WWII.
The column reads:
For the heroic sacrifice
Of your best men
All once again alive
In the living victory
Of their great country
Their small homeland
Raises toward the heavens
The immortal sign
Of its love
The most elderly of the town still have vivid memories of various episodes that took place during the 2nd World War. Some of these episodes confirm the useless atrocities of war, others are examples of true solidarity.
Just behind the parish building, the following inscription was found on a portal: "D.B.F.L. 1797 OCCIDIT MORDENS", and right under these words there is a snake, stabbed with a spade.
On a finely bound missal we can read: "MDCCCIX" and then "ANNO DOMINI 1822: PROC. BLASIO DE LOLLIS AUGUSTINO DE VITO DONATO ROSATO".
On a processional cross there is the inscription "CRUCEM (argenti) HANC NUMINIS SURREPTISQUE ARCHYPRESBITERI ET LOLLENS IPSE FECIT 1732".
Fallo is homeland to the De Lollis family; the famous philologist and critic Cesare De Lollis comes from this family. One of the streets of the town is also named after the writer and patriot Alceste De Lollis.
The parish church has only one nave, very simple; the outer walling is very simple and of no style in particular. It is abundantly painted inside, even on the ceiling, with a painting by Cesare Napoleoni of Rome, and with paintings commissioned by the priest Giulio Zuffardi of Rome (parish priest at the time) and carried out between 1938-1939.
There are no documents telling of the origins or the history of the parish: nature and neglect have destroyed everything. There once was a date written over the church portal, 1715; today that stone no longer exists.
The church had undergone serious damage in the 1933 earthquake, and it was for this reason that a thorough renovation was needed. It was most likely on that occasion that the parish house was also rebuilt, opposite the church, where it had been built prior to the earthquake. Until 1929 the parish house was elsewhere, about 30 meters away.
The parish house is dedicated to St. John the Baptist, and contains various objects which can be considered precious. The paining of the Madonna above the major altar portrays the Madonna of Divine Love between St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas. Along he sides of the nave there are six altars, three on the left and three on the right.
In a document dated 1935 we read:
"The parish church, in ordinary brickwork without external plaster, rises along the eastern road; it suffices the needs of the population. It is not in the land register. It has only one nave with four side altars, besides the main altar. The "Mater Divini Amoris" (possibly a copy of an author) is placed in the apse; the statues of St. Vincenzo Ferreri and St. Rocco, placed in the niches of the respective alters, are also fine, whereas the paintings of St. Anthony Abbey and St. Anthony of Padua, along with the statues of the Madonna del Carmine, Madonna del Soccorso and of the Rosary, placed on the last two altars have no value. There are also statues of St. Giuliano martyr, and of St. Rosalia of Palermo, of St. Justine Virgin and Martyr, of the Savior, of Christ, of Our Lady of Sorrows, and of St. John the Baptist (who the church is named after)."
A small room was made under the church floor, for various uses. For some time it was used as a hayloft, then to deposit firewood to be used by the confraternity, which held no titles. During his visit on October 14th, 1939, the bishop ordered the room to be eliminated, before proceeding with any other work on the church, pointing out that it was a "serious impediment to carrying out religious functions in the parish church". The room still exists today.
It is said that the room was initially used as ossuary, which could be accessed by means of a trap door found at the center of the nave. It would also seem that, before restoration, the floor was originally made of large slabs of stone.
The belfry is attached to the church, next to the façade; its form is simple. It is surmounted by a cross. There are three bells, and is has no clock. In 1935 we find written,: "It is in good condition, needing cement covering".
The second bell does not have inscriptions worthy of notice.
The largest bell reads:
"AD HONOREM S. VINCENTII FERRERI SACRATA UT SUA INTERCESSIONE MALIGNITATEM AERIS TEMPESTATIS FUGET. DEVOTIONE ET LARGITIONE POPULI CONFECTA A. D. 1883 JOSEPH CASTRACANE SINDACUS – ALESSANDRO MARINELLI E SUO FIGLIO ENRICO FUSERO".
The third bell reads:
"THE PEOPLE OF FALLO EXALT FOR THE REGAINED CIVIC AUTONOMY AND IN THE YEAR 1963 OFFER THIS BELL TO THE PARISH CHURCH IN ETERNAL MEMORY"
The church dedicated to the Madonna del Soccorso is in Piazza S. Maria, and above it rises the tower with the town clock. In 1935 the church had no altar, nor baluster nor floor, and the walls were still not plastered. Now everything has been completed, using marble.
On the outside, above the door, we read:
"D.O.M. STEPHANUS DE AMICO SACERDOS ET SINDACUS OPERE ET SERMONE HANC ECCLESIAM S. MARIAE SUCCURSI PECUNIA AC POPULI LABORE AEDIFICAVIT A.D. 1871"